Export Button based export filters Error

Hi, 

I manage a model that has export filters at the bottom of the dashboards. There are multiple dashboards. They are the same export filters; Version, year, and department.  There is also an export button to export based on the export filter selections. 

The export buttons were working a few days ago and today we are getting an error message (see the attachment). 

n0200309_0-1668448327141.png

When I tried to run this action in the Actions tab, I am getting the 2nd screenshot. 

n0200309_0-1668448386786.png

It seems as though the export filters are not being applied and the export is exporting all versions, years, and departments. 
Why aren't the export filters working? What can I do to get it to work and what is causing the problem?

There is a Save View for each Export button and when I export the data manually via the Save View (connected to export filters) it is working. The Export button just isn't working correctly. Why is that?

Answers

• andrewtye
    edited November 2022

Have you tried rebuilding the export action and/or has anything other than multicolumn (the most left option) been selected in the export action itself?

• JussiLi
    edited November 2022

We are facing similar problem when trying to export module data to Excel with Data | Export -command. 

You can export smaller modules to Excel but not larger ones. 

In my opinion this is a bug that appeared in last weekend's platform maintenance. But according to Anaplan Support and Level 3 this is "a behaviour change", which sounds like a planned removal of an essential feature. 

• n0200309
    edited November 2022

Thanks for the insights. Does Anaplan post what is part of their maintenance? I guess I didn't take into consideration that their weekly maintenance could have an impact.

Yes I believe the exports with issues are all in Excel format. The export filters are not applying and it is trying to export everything, which is too much to export.  I may have to recreate the export in CSV format and hope that resolves the issue. 

• JussiLi
    edited November 2022

Luckily this wasn't planned change but unplanned, and Anaplan was able to fix this quickly.

This was fixed in last weekend's (19.11.) maintenance release.