LEVEL 2 SPRINT 3 INV01 3.3.7.2

LStinsa
edited November 2022 in Academy Discussions

@JaredDolich 

I am at the point where I have added DCA to INV01 and added formulas to AD02. My numbers do not match the example given.  I know in the past I've been told not to worry about the numbers being off but is that the case with this example?

Here are my numbers:

LStinsa_0-1619536473977.png

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• JaredDolich
    edited November 2022

@LStinsa 

Everything looks right except your shipping costs. That should be calculating to $532.6.

Let's take a look at your formula. It should look something like this:

'TRA01 Shipping Metrics by Week'.'Cost per 1000 Units'[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Product, LOOKUP: Shipping Method] / 1000 * Final Shipment Amount

• LStinsa
    edited November 2022

@JaredDolich 

That is the formula I had but I just realized I also have the same formula for the final shipping costs too.

I started looking at all the components referenced in that formula. My TRA01 and SYS08 data are good so the only thing it could be is my shipping method formula. 

My shipping method formula references SYS07 and has a look up for the distribution center.  I'm not sure what else it could be.

• JaredDolich
    edited November 2022

@LStinsa 

We'll figure this out. To be honest, you module looks great. So we just need to find the trouble spot.

Let's work our way backwards.

Cost per 1000 Units / 1000 * Final Shipment Amount

or,

• Cot per 1000 Units for Nutzo Bar / Road should be $65
    • Final Shipping Amount, which you have right is $8,194
    • 65/1000*8194 = $532.6

If you're formula is correct then we need to find the issue in one of two places. Your value is $49.16 which would mean 49.16 = x/1000*8194 = 49.16 / 8194 * 1000 = $6 

Either the cost per 1000 units is wrong or the dimensions are off. Some ideas:

• What value do you have for cost per 1000 units? Should be $65, not $6.
    • If you have $65 then there's something off about the dimensions. What is in the applies to? Should be P2 Products and Shipping Methods. Also uses Weeks as a time dimension.

We're super close. Hang in there.

• LStinsa
    edited November 2022

@JaredDolich 

You are correct!  The cost per 1000 is wrong.  I went back to my DataHub model (Export view) and the numbers were correct.  I imported the data again into the supply Chain model and that fixed the issue.  

Thank you for helping me work through where I went wrong!

• JaredDolich
    edited November 2022

You got this @LStinsa 

Cannot wait to see that bright shiny blue L2 certification with your name on it!

• Yogeshshankar
    edited November 2022

Thanks For your inputs. Have been searching this for long time in anapedia. None worked, at last unexpectedly I happen to see your comments. 

• stephaniejlw
    edited November 2022

Hi @JaredDolich 

Your feedback steps are super helpful.  I have gone through them and confirmed I have the right cost per unit ($65), etc, but still not getting correct figures:

Formula for shipping method: 'SYS07 Distribution Center Details'.Default Shipping[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Supplied By]

It applies to P2 Products and Shipping Methods, but my time scales are set to Year.  When I switched them to Week, I lost a bunch of data.  Everything seems to match up with the expected numbers, except the shipping figures. Could you please help? 

Thanks,
    Stephanie