breakback when using average in the summary

ManuelSampaio
edited November 2022 in Modeling

Hi everyone,

When building a model, I came across the need to do breakback with an average as summary method, but I found that this option is unavailable. Basically, what I wanted was to be able to adjust the values month by month and see the influence that it has on the average of the full year and also be able to adjust the final average of the year and see the influence that it would have monthly.

If I was doing a sum it would be just to do the breakback but being that I need the yearly average it is not possible.

Is there any way to do the breakback using the average? If not possible, does anyone know how I can get around this problem?

ManuelSampaio_0-1669735454579.png

ManuelSampaio_1-1669735556616.png

Thank you in advance

Tagged:

Answers

• Vinay VaradarajM
    edited November 2022

Hi @ManuelSampaio ,

I tried replicating the problem you described, and I think one of the ways you can achieve the result is as shown below:

1. Create a different line item which can Display the average (Average Chargeability)

2. Since you would like to do a 'what-if' by being able to input values at yearly level as well, create a line item (Desired Avg) where you want to input the desired average value

3. This will drive the 'Target Sum' line item, which you can eventually paste in the breakback at yearly level

Step1

Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 11.35.39 AM.png

Step2

Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 11.46.56 AM.png

Hope this helps!

vinayvm

• ManuelSampaio
    edited November 2022

Hi @Vinay VaradarajM

Thank you for your answer!

you also share what you have done in blueprint view? So I can understand better what you have done.

Thank you in advance

• Vinay VaradarajM
    edited November 2022

Hi @ManuelSampaio ,

Here's the blueprint view:

Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 9.11.37 PM.png

VinayVaradarajM_1-1669814111195.png

Regards,

vinayvm