Saved view different in Dev & Deployed - same revision tag

DavidHunter
edited December 2022 in Modeling

Hello model builders!

I'm running into something I don't understand; it appears to be a bug though I'm not sure. We've got a specific saved view that does not match between our dev. & prod. models. I've tried to override the saved view, then pushed a new revision tag (it contained no changes).

Dev. Model

Saved View:

DavidHunter_0-1671572098322.png

Revision Tag:

DavidHunter_5-1671572423128.png

Deployed Model

Saved View:

DavidHunter_2-1671572189441.png

Revision Tag:

DavidHunter_6-1671572466807.png

Any help in identifying the cause of this issue and getting it corrected would be much appreciated! Happy to provide any other details that may be needed, not sure what else I should be including.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• rob_marshall
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

@DavidHunter 

No, not necessarily, I was just making sure the 741xxx members are defined in both models.

The best way to determine the difference is to uncheck the filter (thus turning it off) in both models (this will not affect the ALM sync process).  Also, make sure you show all rows as the rows really shouldn't be hidden manually, that is what the filter should do.  Then compare both models (visually) to determine the differences.

Answers

• rob_marshall
    edited December 2022

@DavidHunter 

Do you have any filters defined in the view and if so, how is/are they defined?  I ask because the two pictures are showing different months and the filter drivers could be different between the models.

Rob

• DavidHunter
    edited December 2022

@rob_marshall 

The filter drivers are different across models, however we are only filtering Time in this view. The GL's are using the select items to show feature. We use a custom time system in this model, and that driver has different values in the dev. & prod. models.

I've included snips of all filters and confirmed they match across models. Also included snips of the Items to Show selection for both models below.

DavidHunter_0-1671574583325.png

DavidHunter_1-1671574666886.png

DavidHunter_2-1671574681357.png

DavidHunter_3-1671574691704.png

DavidHunter_4-1671574698588.png

Items to Show - Dev:

DavidHunter_5-1671574848661.png

Items to Show - Dev:

DavidHunter_6-1671574906191.png

• rob_marshall
    edited December 2022

@DavidHunter 

Is the GL list (L8 IS Prop) a production data list?  And if so, are the 714xxx members in there?  

• DavidHunter
    edited December 2022

@rob_marshall  That is correct, yes. Is this an issue with the Items to Show being considered production data, allowing for a variance between models in the saved view?

• DavidHunter
    edited December 2022

@rob_marshall 

After following your direction I'm unable to find any differences aside from specific values across accounts and months. Granted, I only inspected that 1 module. How could we end up with structural differences in the models while using ALM?

I can try to delete & rebuild the saved view as a solve, however I am quite curious to the why on this issue.

• rob_marshall
    edited December 2022

@DavidHunter 

It wouldn't be from other modules as you are only filtering on "time".  ALM will have the exact same structure with both models, but that doesn't mean both models will have the same list members if the list is marked as Production Data, which is why I asked if the 741xxx members were in the list.  Is the L8 IS Prop a subset or the actual list?

• DavidHunter
    edited December 2022

@rob_marshall 

L8 IS Prop is the actual list, the lowest member of our Income Statement hierarchy.

• rob_marshall
    edited December 2022

@DavidHunter 

Ok, this is getting fun...Is L8 IS Prop a numbered list?

• DavidHunter
    edited December 2022

@rob_marshall It is not. I've included a snip of the full list properties, and re-confirmed the 714xxx accounts are members in both models as I'm starting to feel like I'm at an even bigger loss than before.

DavidHunter_0-1671578211413.png

DavidHunter_1-1671578237154.png

• rob_marshall
    edited December 2022

@DavidHunter 

Just sent you a DM.

• sai_anil_peddi
    edited December 2022

most probably i am thinking initially it was a non production list or you have created deployed model by copying model instead of creating from revision tag. In Dev few list items are hided in saved view in dev model and later the list changed to production list and deleted list items in dev and added back but not in deployed model. so in dev all items getting showed and deployed model not all are showing as initially of model setup they are hided. 

just check delete one list item in deployed model and add it back it should probably show in grid now, i have faced similar issue a couple of months back it's some kind of glitch.

• @sai_anil_peddi  I think I see what you're saying, though the mechanism is a little different in my case. We created the Dev. model from our Prod. model instead of the other way round. Ultimately, we altered the saved view to use a filter instead of Select Items to Show.

It appears this is a consequence of using Select Items to Show on a production list, though I'm still unclear on the exact details of how/why this happened.

@rob_marshall Our solution from this morning worked great, thanks again for your time and knowledge!