Time Range replaced by Model Time in Pivot View

nikmg
edited December 2022 in Modeling

Hello Everyone,

We have applied a time range of "Current Year" to a module.

nikmg_0-1671090022975.png

However when I open pivot view of the same module, we do not see this, instead we see the full model timescale applied.

nikmg_1-1671090108288.png

(Consequently, a filter applied to a NUX grid based off this module is now asking for a time selection. The filter line item has Current Year applied on it too)

nikmg_2-1671091371976.png

I have tested other modules by replacing model calendar with time ranges and pivot always showed the updated ranges. Can someone help explain this behavior here?

Thank you!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• nikmg
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Thanks for your reply @ManjunathKN ,

Unfortunately this is indeed a true issue that we stumbled upon:)  Anaplan Support Team was able to analyze and recommend fix for this issue and we were able to resolve this successfully. Fixing the time range mismatch issue automatically also fixed the UX filter issue as I had initially anticipated. 

Documenting the steps here for anyone else who might encounter this glitch:

Support team analyzed the model history based on when we first encountered the issue and identified the line item that was the root cause. But interestingly, they analyzed the history of this line item and found no real difference! no edits, no change to formula/applies to..etc at all!

Anyways, we now removed all references to this line item, then deleted the line item itself. All our issues with pivot and UX filter was resolved. We then recreated the line item back. Then we sequentially updated the line item attributes [ Ex: paste back the original Time Scale, wait for Model to save the change, then paste Time Range, etc.]. All was well.

Can we catch this before it happens? Apparently not. The support team noted that since this issue was caused by a user making no actual change to the line item, it would be difficult to avoid on our own. So we will reach out to them if this reoccurs.

Thanks for your engagement @Misbah @ManjunathKN . Appreciate it!

Best,

Nik

Answers

• Misbah
    edited December 2022

@nikmg 

In Pivot,  Anaplan Showing TIME instead of TIME RANGES  has nothing to do with your query.

If you look at your Pivot, TIME is in Pages and not in Rows or Columns. UX allows you to filter Pages/Context Selectors in their own section which is up top right hand side. You can click on settings icon next to context selector and filter it.

Misbah_0-1671095395866.png

Other way is to use Saved View instead of Custom View, but I would recommend you to use Filter on Context Selectors in UX.

Hope that helps

Misbah

Miz Logix

• nikmg
    edited December 2022

@Misbah 

Thanks for the reply,

1. We noticed it too and had tried moving time to columns and reapplying the filter, and still had the same issue, pic attached. [we do need time on columns]

nikmg_0-1671096781308.png

2. Could you also share your thoughts on my first question please? Why would the pivot show "Time" while the module clearly has a custom time range applied to it?

Best,

Nik

• Misbah
    edited December 2022

@nikmg 

1. You can not have nested dimension in Columns and Apply filter only on one dimension (Time). Keep only Time in Columns and apply the filter - that should work. SYS12 filter module in your case has to be dimensioned by TIme only.

2. I don't know, I have noticed too that it doesn't show Time range's name instead shows only Time. Ask Anaplan Support and see what they have to say.

Hope that helps,

Misbah

Miz Logix

• nikmg
    edited December 2022

Thanks again for your reply @Misbah,

We are using a line item subset filter over both time and line items hence the nested dimensions in columns. This is working perfectly fine in our Deployed model but both these issues mentioned above have cropped up recently our DEV environment. We have raised a support incident and will be following up on the same.

Best,

Nik

• ManjunathKN
    edited December 2022

Hi @nikmg,

You should apply the LISS filter against Time and not against line items for Nested columns, because your filter is having dimensions like LISS and CY I believe.

I still cannot believe that in Blueprint you can see CY and in grid view pivot, you are seeing TIME instead of Ranges.

Can you please should the full Screenshot of grid view pivot and Blueprint view?

Thanks,
    Manjunath

• ManjunathKN
    edited December 2022

@nikmg 

For Reference,

LISS filter Module;

ManjunathKN_0-1671266359301.png

ManjunathKN_2-1671266398312.png

Module with Time Range;

ManjunathKN_3-1671266440582.png

ManjunathKN_4-1671266521742.png

ManjunathKN_5-1671266545851.png

Thanks,
    Manjunath

• Hi,

Interesting! Never heard of this before. Thanks for letting us know.

Manjunath