Time filter not working properly

Hi everyone,

I have a grid where i show Products in rows, time/multiple line items in columns (Sales, Py Sales, %growth etc..).

I want to control the time dimension based on selector provided to user (Attaching Screenshot).

There is a final time filter line item and it is at month level and works fine if i use it when single line item is published or when line items is used as pages.

This final time filter is not working when multiple line items published on columns

(Expected Output)

(Currently it is showing blank)

V.Sai Bharadwaj

Connect on LinkedIn

Answers

• Hi @Sai_Bharadwaj_Venati

I am not sure what logic you are using for your final filter but here is mine which works even when there are multiple line items published as column. Make sure the summary for Final filter is formula. Please refer attach screenshots for better understanding.

Thanks

• Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have the same filter with same formula. It's working in backend but on new ux it is not working

V.Sai Bharadwaj

Connect on LinkedIn

• Hi,

I have tried publishing it as custom view and saved view both and it still works on New UX. Few things you can check -

Allow editing option is enabled for both grids

Apply filter after pivoting your grid on the Board.

Thanks

• Okay thanks, still unresolved though. reason being i have 3-4 dimensions in my module

V.Sai Bharadwaj

Connect on LinkedIn

• Also don't forget that if you've applied a filter and then repivoted the filter always breaks so needs to be reapplied.

• @andrewtye hi Andrew- is there a reason why the filter always breaks after pivoting? This has been a major painpoint for our users and we're hoping to find a solution.

• @tomgilbert - that i don't know. might be to do with things not persisting or if you've got a board with multiple tables and the context selectors don't allign. See you've added a question so let's see what people think!