Auth problem for below python code

Hi ,

I am getting either an invalid path for (api 1.3) or not authenticated for (api 2.0) to get the transactional API for line items and IDs.

I am using basic auth with base64 encoding.

below is my code, I believe my code is correct. guide me if i am missing anything in the code.

Note that, I have used GUIDs and auth as mguid, wguid, username and password. so the first part is not shared in the below code.

Code

user = 'Basic ' + str(base64.b64encode((

f'{username}:{password}').encode('utf-8')).decode('utf-8'))

getHeaders = {

'Authorization': user,

'Content-Type': 'application/json'

}

getImports = requests.get(f'https://api.anaplan.com/2/0/workspaces/{wGuid}/' +

f'models/{mGuid}/lineitems',

headers=getHeaders)

with open('lineitems.json', 'wb') as f:

f.write(getImports.text.encode('utf-8'))

Thanks,

Manjunath

Answers

• @StevenBeerthuizen @ryan_kohn @kevin.cho anybody can help me understand what is wrong here. Please give me a correct code to execute the transactional API for python.

• Probably it is somewhere in the user part. Seems to me that you do too much in that code. This is the simple version: user_pw = b64encode(b'email:password').decode()

The decode already creates an output string so no need to do the str() anyway. I guess you have to play around with it.

Maybe like this:

user = 'Basic ' + base64.b64encode((f'{username}:{password}').encode('utf-8')).decode()

Good luck!

Steven

• Hey @ManjunathKN - two issues here:

1. Steven is correct in that you're doing too much in the user_pw bit.
    2. However, you can't make calls to the transactional/bulk metadata APIs directly using basic authentication like this. Your Authorization header should look like:

{'Authorization': 'AnaplanAuthToken <token_value>'}

Right now, it looks like:

{'Authorization': '<b64encoded value'}

What you need to do is first generate the token_value using the Authentication endpoint.

See this article that I wrote a while back:

You can focus on the sections:

Basic Authentication (Username and Password)

Retrieving Workspace and Model Details

You can then substitute the endpoints/URLs with the ones you want afterwards.

• Thank you @StevenBeerthuizen and @kevin.cho.

Really helpful. I will try the above recommendations and I will let you know.