How to sync manual data to from one module to another

Hello All,

I am trying to bring the data from an existing module A to another module B ( have created the same column in the module B with correct dimension), but I am seeing no data in that module

Going forward i want this column to be up to date with the live data in Module A

Is creating an action my only way?

Approach that I am trying to take- create an action item which will update the data in module B based on inputs from the Module A

Kindly let me know if there is any other effective solution

Best Regards

Ankur Kulkarni

Tagged:

Answers

• @ankulkarni

What are the dimensons of the modules?

• Hi @rob_marshall Module A is dimensioned at Equipment ID ( equipment category and their children )

module B is dimensioned at P5 equipment ( Equipments attached to projects )

dimensions are different

• rob_marshall
    edited February 2023

@ankulkarni

The trick with Anaplan is you want to stay away from actions as much as possible, at least from an end users perspective.

Those might be different dimensions, but do they have anything in common as in attributes? Can you give us a view or an example of these lists (Equipment ID and P5 Equipment)?

• Follow this steps to sync manual data from one module to another.

Identify the data that needs to be synced manually between the modules.

Choose a method for transferring the data, such as copy-pasting or exporting/importing.

Follow the steps for transferring the data, making sure to double-check for accuracy and completeness.

Set up a regular schedule for syncing the data to ensure it stays up-to-date.

• Follow this steps to sync manual data from one module to another.

Identify the data that needs to be synced manually between the modules.

Choose a method for transferring the data, such as copy-pasting or exporting/importing.

Follow the steps for transferring the data, making sure to double-check for accuracy and completeness.

Set up a regular schedule for syncing the data to ensure it stays up-to-date.