How to make text rollup's at top level in hierarchy as blank and visible at other levels.

Ronak123
edited February 2023 in Modeling

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a solution for text rollup's in summary in hierarchy.

I have a model with 4 levels of hierarchy.

In a module , I am using L4 Product list as Dimension.

There I have added a Text Format Line item called " Client name" with summary as First Non blank.

It contains formula to Identify which "Client" the Product belongs to.

Is there a Possibility to make the line item as blank when someone selects L1 Country in the Module from Page selector & when they select Client or department or product from page selector then only they should see the client name.

Currently Client name is visible at all the levels whereas I want to avoid it at the top level i.e, L1 Country selection.

Alternatively is there a way to have Boolean Selection in hierarchy only at the top level (L1)and not at the lower levels for a line item in a module with dimension of lowest level(L4) & format of Boolean

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Hi @Ronak123

You can create a module to calculate or "identify" the different levels of your hierarchy with different numbers. Something like this:

You can find all the details on how to do this in this post.

Once you have it, in your module you can use a formula like this: IF 'Level (or L4)' = 1 then blank else Name.

then set the summary method to "Formula".

Probably you will need a few tweaks, but this should put you on the right track to achieve what you want.

Cheers

Alex

• Ronak123
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Thanks a lot for your help @Alejandrogomez . It worked as expected