2.3.10 Activity: Create Demand Forecast

Hi all,

I'm stuck on this activity, I'm pulling through a 0 value for Default Forecast on Week 6 FY21 and the answer is suppose to be 73.48..

I'm not sure where I'm going wrong, I may have used the wrong formulas in DEM03. Can someone please point me in the direction

Best Answer

• AjayM
    Answer ✓

Hi,

You're almost there. Just two mistakes to fix.

1. Syntax error, IF <condition> Then <value> Else IF (missing piece) <condition> Then <value> Else <value>
    2. Your 'default forecast' lineitem already has growth rate applied on baseline forecast. You just have to use OFFSET upon it, for 2nd year

Cheers!

Answers

• AjayM
    edited February 2023

Hi @EJamr ,

Your snapshots show that you have not completed 2.3.9 activity properly. Please make sure you satisfy the instructions given as part of below image:

While 2019 should reflect historical volume, 2020 should respect seasonality and reflect same volume as previous year, and 2021 should be 2020's volume times volume growth%. Use IF THEN ELSE statement and SYS time module, to derive respective baseline forecast for FY20 and remaining forecast years.

Cheers!

• Thank you @AjayM for your speedy response. I have made a changes to the formula in Baseline Forecast I still dont think I'm on the right track. Please let me know...

• FY20 is the first forecast year, but your formula will return zero for any year except 2nd forecast year. As per shared instructions, the requirement is to return [if 1st forecast year then DAT03.offset volumes else if 2nd forecast year then 'FY20's forecast * volume growth' (you get this from default forecast lineitem) else zero]

Cheers!

• Hi @AjayM I have written this formula but I'm getting an error back..

IF 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'1st Forecast Year?' THEN 'DAT03 Historic Volumes'.'Offset Volumes for 1st Forecast Year' ELSE 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'2nd Forecast Year?' THEN Default Forecast* Growth Rate % ELSE 0

• EJamr
    edited February 2023

Ok this is great thank you very much