Data Discrepancy between Data Hub & Spoke Model

Hi Guys,

For an import from Data Hub to my spoke model for a module - I am seeing additional entries in my spoke model for a certain month that do not exist in the data hub. I looked at the history to see if someone manually added the entries in the spoke model but that doesnt seem to be the case. Neither of the models or the modules are new. What are some of the other ways I can troubleshoot this issue to see who the entries got in the spoke model?

Thanks Much,

Megha

Best Answers

• AjayM
    Answer ✓

Hi @Megha27 ,

Firstly, I would look at possible ways of data entry in spoke - import action and/or UX ('form' or worksheet in case of numbered list) and/or backend (for manual entry).

I would then check source view in data hub, for past couple of data loads, by adjusting filters if needed and verifiying respective records.

And if there is any integration enabled for this data load, I would check when was this action run last time in the hub, and when the corresponding import action was run in the spoke. This timing can be verified against cell history in both the models.

In case where filtered model history (for suspected date range) shows multiple data changes as a summary, I would seek help from support.

Cheers!

• AjayM
    Answer ✓

Hi @Megha27 ,

A similar example that we generally come across is SKUs becoming inactive (after being active for few months/years). The way we handle is maintain active/inactive status in datahub along with spoke model (data import layer/module). That way we can always keep a check whether the status changed to inactive in hub and further take necessary action in spoke (archiving of plans if needed, clearing the hierarchy for inactive list items etc) to keep it clean.

While I recommend you to upgrade your architecture (both in the upstream system if possible, and data hub) to handle such scenarios, one way you can clean your current spoke is,

1. Identify items that are in hub but not in spoke (you might have to import an additional boolean for this from hub, which gives FALSE for missing items)
    2. Using this boolean, you can remove obsolete items from the spoke, after performing necessary backup/archival steps

Hope this gives you some idea about resolving your case.

Cheers!

Answers

• Hi @AjayM

Thanks for your response. I am think I am close to finding out whats going on: Here's now the next dilemma.

I have an import set for a list from data hub to my spoke model. My concern - the list items in the list on Data hub keeps changing based on the updates made in the upstream system. As an example say in Nov - I had the id ABCD1 as a list member in Data Hub and also in Spoke model when data was pulled.

Now in Dec - Upstream system decided that ABCD1 was an incorrect record and deleted it. My Data Hub list now no longer shows me ABCD1 as a list member. However my spoke model will continue to show it which is creating data inconsistencies between the models as the spoke model is holding old to now an invalid record. I dont see an option to Clear target prior to import the way we see in module imports.

How do I go about it? Please help.

Thank you,

Megha

• Hi @AjayM

Thanks a ton! This helped me solve the issue. I am starting to think that more often than not, most solutions can be found using a boolean in Anaplan haha. I have a lot of list to list import set up in my models so this issue was helpful to uncover and something to keep in mind going forward.

Truly appreciate your help,

Megha

• Glad it helped.

Just a recommendation though: It would be much more easy and clean to manage, if you change your import source from 'list' to a SYS module (and/or saved view).

Cheers!

• @AjayM yes thats the plan!