Good Questions to Ask During Discovery

Options
tspoon
edited March 2023 in User Experience

Hi all -

New Anaplanner here 😊 What are some good questions to ask during discovery with client? I.e. you're there on site with them and ready to delve into their processes and business - what do you ask? Or how do you approach the client? TY!

Answers

• Hi,

The questions depend on the project, area, industry, … different factors impact your questions.

However from my experience , when approaching the client, it's essential to establish trust and build rapport. Start by introducing yourself and your team, and explain the purpose and goals of the discovery phase. Set expectations for the process and timeline and emphasize the importance of open and honest communication. Show that you are genuinely interested in understanding their business and processes, and that you are there to help them achieve their goals. Be attentive, ask open-ended questions, and actively listen to their responses. Finally, be transparent and upfront about any limitations or challenges that may arise during the implementation, and work collaboratively with the client to find solutions.

Examples questions:

Who are the key stakeholders involved in the planning and reporting processes, and what are their roles and responsibilities?

What are the data sources and systems that feed into your planning and reporting processes, and how do you currently integrate them?

What are the key performance indicators (KPIs) that you track, and how do you measure them?

What are the key assumptions and drivers that impact your planning and reporting processes, and how do you currently manage them?

I hope they help you on your way in the Anaplan world and may the force be with you

BR

• koriins2
    edited August 2023
    Options

Can you walk me through your current planning, budgeting, or forecasting processes? EZ Drive MA How do you currently collect and consolidate data for your planning activities? What tools or systems are you currently using for planning and analysis?