How to automatically populate a boolean from a module with a parent list to a module with a child

Brfonseca
edited March 2023 in Modeling

, Hello,

I'm working with 2 modules: Module 1, where I'm using list "Product Family" (and List Employee) and Module 2 where I'm using list "Products" (and List Employee) .

The list "Product Family" is parent of "Products".

In my Module 1, I have a boolean used to know which product families are assigned to each employee. I want to have the same boolean in Module 2, based on the value defined in Module 1. That is, if the Product Family A is assigned to Employee X (boolean = true), then the Products from Product Family A are going to appear assigned to employee X (boolean = true).

How can I link both modules to have an automatic population of the boolean value ?

I already tried writing in the Module 2:
Line item "Boolean2" =Module1.boolean[LOOKUP: Parent]
Line item "Parent"= Parent(item(Products))

In advance, thanks for your help,

Regards,
Bruna

Best Answer

• Hello @Brfonseca ,

Pyry is correct above. Please check the steps that I made to recreate your situation and let me know if there are any differences:

Please let us know if you see any differences between this and your scenario.

Cheers!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

Answers

• Hi,

as you have employee as dimension in both modules it's enough to have just parent in your lookup formula. So your fomula for Boolean2 would be Module1.boolean[LOOKUP: Parent] .

• Hi,

Thanks for the insight!!

Unfortunatelly, it does not work either way.
    The boolean appears as False in Module 2 even though is true in Module 1(parent)

• Your SYS03 is a list?

• Hello @Brfonseca ,

It is a system module dimensioned by P2 Product, which is the child of P1 Product Family.

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• I tried but it is not working.

I have the variable Time included. Is it a problem?

• Hello again,

It could unless it is included in both modules [E1, P1 and E1, P2] - not needed in the system module.

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• Could you specify where do you have time included? Could be also helpful to have screenshots of you model for us to gain better understanding on how to help you.

• It worked! Thank you
    Just another question: Is it possible to do this if the time scale for module 1 is in months and for module 2 is in days?

• Then you would need to add a lookup for month from day. This could be done through time settings module that would be by day and for each day you would calculate corresponding month.

• What is the formula to do that?