3.3.7.2 Add DCA to INV01 Inventory Ordering

Add Read and Write Access Drivers to INV01 Inventory Ordering module to set up Dynamic Cell Access to perform as shown in the example below:

Week 1 & 2 (blue highlight)

• Week 1 shows the result when Submit Purchase Order Request? is NOT checked.
  • Week 2 shows the result when Submit Purchase Order Request? is checked (however, in the example nothing is writable).

Week 3 (purple highlight)

• Week 3 shows the result when Override Suggested Order Amount? is checked - Override Amount is writable.

Week 4 (green highlight)

• Week 4 shows the result when Override Shipping Method? is checked - Override Method is writable.

Formula Hint 

When creating the Override Shipping – Write? and Override Amount line – Write? line items in the AD02 Inventory Ordering Overrides module, make sure those Boolean-formatted line items are structured so that if the end user decides not to place the order, all relevant fields will return to hidden (as in the Week 1 example above):

• Override Amount line – Write? is TRUE (checked) when Submit Purchase Order Request? and Override Suggested Order Amount? are TRUE (checked)
  • Override Shipping – Write? is TRUE (checked) when Submit Purchase Order Request? and Override Shipping Method? are TRUE (checked)

@Misbah @jagadishdash can you make me understand this.

Best Answer

• jagadishdash
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

rishavraj,

In this activity, you need to add DCA(Dynamic Cell Access) which will be restrict the access in cell level. Read access driver will able to read and write access driver will be able to write(editable) as per the condition in the driver boolean.

For applying DCA, you need to create 2 boolean line (Override Shipping – Write? and Override Amount line – Write? ) items in AD02 Inventory Ordering Overrides module.

For, Override Amount line – Write?--->> Submit Purchase Order Request? and Override Suggested Order Amount?

For, Override Shipping – Write? -->> Submit Purchase Order Request? and Override Shipping Method?

Then two boolean line item you need to add in the blueprint view write access driver column.

For more deep clarity, refer this :

https://help.anaplan.com/55ae93e6-5139-4bbf-93f9-c8cb06f68f75-Dynamic-cell-access

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Jagadish Dash

Answers

• Thanks a bunch for replying back @jagadishdash. After reviewing what I had learn in DCA and your reply, I got some sort of clearance and upon reading the course material twice more I finally figured it out.

• Great!

If it helps, mark answer as solution so it'll help for others too.

Thanks,

Jagadish