Preparing Data Exports - Shipping export module and Demond Export module Help needed

Hi I am having some issues with this portion of the level 2 conclusion activity.

In the Supply Chain model, create a module to export the shipping costs by location and create a saved view for export: 

• Module Name: INV05 Shipping Export 
  • Dimensions: G3 Locations list, Time (months) 
  • Category: Inventory
  • Functional Area: Inventory

Line Item Format Purpose

Shipping Costs

Number

Shipping Expenses by Location 

Code 

Text

Location Code to ensure consistency at import

• Before writing the formulas, use a subsidiary view to change the dimensionality for the Code line item so that is it not applicable over Time.
  • Also, there is no need to recreate a Code if the data already exists.
  • Review the Summary Method settings and create a saved view for exporting in the INV05 module.

This is the screenshot they give (not sure if the shipping costs actually do need to match)

and this is what I have:

Blueprint for formulas:

Here are my INV01 Formulas:

and INV01 Module:

Similar issue for the Demand Export"

• Module Name: DEM04 Demand Export
  • Dimensions: P3 SKU, G3 Location lists, Time (months) 
  • Category: Demand
  • Functional Area: Demand 

Line Item

Format

Purpose

SKU Code

Text

Display the product SKU Code 

Location Code 

Text

Display the Location Code 

Demand

Number

Final Demand Forecast for each product SKU

• Use a subsidiary view to remove the Time dimension from the SKU Code and Location Code line items 
  • Make sure that in the subsidiary views, the SKU Code and Location Code line items only use their respective lists.
  • Add formulas and review Summary Methods. This export should only have the product SKU level. Then, create a saved view.

VS what I have

Blueprint mode:

I have been stuck on this issue for like 2 days so I would REALLY appreciate help.

Answers

• Hello @KyleShanahan ,

Thank you for all the information provided.

You are almost there! It is literally a few dots what you are missing.

In terms of the DEM04, you are bringing the data from DEM 03:

• DEM 03 Dimensions: P3, Accounts and Time
    • DEM 04 Dimensions: P3, G3 and Time

What does that mean? You need a module dimensioned by Accounts that you can use to correlate Accoutns and G3 Location. Once you do that mapping the numbers should add up,

As for the shipping costs, it is the same logic. Remember that the shipping cost are defined by P3 Product and Shipping method. Think about how to do the mapping.

Cheers!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• Hi @BrunoRodriguez ,

Thank you for the response. Do you have any screenshots you can show me to help explain what you mean? Iwas able to get the demand report through trial and error

but still completely lost on what you're talking about for the Shipping export?

• Hello @KyleShanahan ,

Good one!

I may have not explained myself properly with the other one. You should have the Costs per P3 Product SKU and need to exported my L3 Location. This means that you need a module dimensioned by P3 SKU where you have a line item formatted by L3 Location.

I hope that makes it clearer!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• KyleShanahan
    edited April 2023

Hi thanks again @BrunoRodriguez (and for the fast response!) I'm still not sure I understand, the directions for the shipping export said to use the dimensions for this module as G3 Locations list (which is indicated in the screenshot I believe? and Time as the other dimensions. For the line items, it mentioned as having 2 of them listed as Shipping Costs, and Code, and I believe there format is also correct. Are you referencing making a completely different model?

• Hello @KyleShanahan ,

I believe this is what you are after. Hopefully it will help:

Cheers!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• Thank you again @BrunoRodriguez! I made the change to Summary to make it "sum" and believe every matches what you provided (my version below), but it still is not pulling the numbers for the shipping costs any differently than the earlier screenshot I posted in my original post. Is there possibly anything I could be missing?

• @KyleShanahan ,

How different? Could it be overrides?

Cheers!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez