CW flow's step startup settings

This would be a very convenient option: start a step and not wait for it to finish. For example, I need to wake up the model that will be needed in step 7. It takes 30 minutes to wake up, so I have to start waking up in parallel with step 4.

Tagged:
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi Golosov!

This idea would be useful for large integrations. It would be great if there was a setting where the developer could specify whether to wait for the step to complete or continue on. 👍️

• Hi Razarenov,

Thank for the vote!

• I am quite sure this is already somewhere on the roadmap

• I'm so looking forward to it and trying to bring the moment closer

• Thanks for sharing this feedback! Today the default behavior is that status controls the flow outcome.

• Integration step success: The step completes and the other steps in the flow continue to run in sequence.
    • Integration step partial success: The step completes and the other steps in the flow continue to run in sequence.
    • Integration step failure: The flow itself stops. It does not continue to the next step.

The ability to configure when a flow should stop (or continue) based on Cloudworks termination status ("failures", "partial success") is on our roadmap.

• Hello all, our recent launch includes the following capabilities (which maybe of interest to this thread):

1. Continuity of the flow can be configured based on a step's status, allowing more flexibility in constructing complex data flows
    2. Step count of 20 per flow (increased from 10 per flow) to support longer chains.
    3. Re-run flow from any step, allowing for ease of troubleshooting.

More details here:

https://help.anaplan.com/ee054c8c-6eb7-44af-8334-4136a15302fc-Manage-integrations-flow-steps

• Hi @AshwinK, thanks for the update!

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!