for Label of MR

Hi Community,

I need a little help on this module, we will use the line item here as a label on the MR report we are building. Particularly the line item (vs Budget(M Narrative – the column beside vs Budget (M) – Morse) . Basically what I need to be done is that in the Budget Morse column (IF vs Budget (M) Narrative is UP then Budget Morse column should be 1 else if Down then its 0. But for some reason it is showing large numbers instead of just 1 and 0 only. It will be use for the conditional formatting morse in the MR report.

Apologies for the lack of screenshot I dont have an access to the model anymore.

Hope you can assist.

Regards,

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Hello @Jsdeloria21,

It happens to all of us. I believe that they are changing the summary from SUM to NONE by default soon. That will force us to be mindful about them.

Cheers!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

Answers

• Hello @Jsdeloria21,

Can I assume that the formula used is:

IF LINE ITEM = "Up" then 1 else 0 ?

Cheers!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• hi @BrunoRodriguez ,

I did that on the Budget Morse line item. I even put text(Source Line item) IF text(Source Line item) = 1 then 0 but for some reason it shows larger number rather than 1 or 0. which i find weird. My apologies for not showing the Blue print view. I dont have access to the model anymore. I am actually working on the training model.

Regards,

• Hello @Jsdeloria21 ,

No worries about the model.

If the format of the line item was text, you would not need the TEXT() on it. However, you would need the "Up" to compare it.

Ok, I believe what happened. It worked at the lowest granularity. However, you have 3 lists and time in the module, which means that once you go to the top level - if the summary is SUM - it will autoaggregate. Hence, the issue is the summary method. Either set it up as None or Average and it should work.

Cheers!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• hi @BrunoRodriguez ,

Appreciate the feedback. Summary method is always giving me problems. I keep forgetting to turn it off and keep it on SUM all the time. I think that is the problem. thanks for providing some feedback here.

Regards,