level 3 4.6.5 Sale Planning Model: DAT02 module

Can someone help explain this to me, I believe we cannot use formulas to reference to the different models right? am I suppose to create another module in the Sales planning model that match the module in Datahub and import it?

If that is the case, I already done it but when using a lookup function like this 'DAT02 PY Revenue'.Revenue[LOOKUP: 'SYS00 Time Settings'.PY Qtr, LOOKUP: 'SYS03 Account>Product Details'.'A1 Account'] My data are not correct.

can someone point me how to match the data?

Best Answer

• Emmeline
    Answer ✓

The target module is dimensioned by a numbered list "Account>Product", but in a SYS module you need to store mapping to Account (I guess it is parent of the list) and Product (to do so, you can use a FINDITEM for example, based on the display name of the numbered list).

You cannot retrieve correct data if you don't map the product dimension on your target module: if only Account is mapped, the target module will aggregate sales of all products for each account.

Answers

• Hi,

I can see in your formula that you are using a lookup using the SYS module for the list "Account>Product". You are currently mapping Account, but what about the product? I guess your module DAT02 PY Revenue is dimensioned by Account + Product lists.

• The target module are using a numbered list as a dimension while the source module uses A1 account and a Product list as a dimension, if I'm using or adding a lookup for a product list, the data will turn out blank.

• Okay so It depends on the specific software or platform being used for modeling. In some cases, formulas can reference data from different models, while in other cases, a separate module may need to be created in the sales planning model to import and match data from the datahub module. Consult the documentation or support resources for the specific software or platform being used for more guidance.