dynamic Parent heirarchy

Hi Community,

I created this system mapping module, and my Solution Architect asked me to make it dynamic by creating the hospital parent heirarchy. I have no idea what it means or how to execute it. She is unavailable at the moment for clarification so I am trying my best to build it. Do you guys know what it means or how to execute it.?

Our list structure is like this.

L0 Hospital Subsidiary

L1 TMC Group

L2 Division/Institute looks like this.

And then we have the L3 Department (labelled L3 department Name)

Mapping module

Requirement: Is to make it dynamic by creating the hospital parent (TMC Main).

I am currently lost at this I have been working on this even the Holiday. And the Solutions architect is currently unavailable for clarification.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know I don’t have muc information at the moment. But if anyone understands what it means to make it dynamic creating the hospital parent. Any ideas are accepted.

Maybe I can get an idea on your suggestion on how to apply it to the current structure.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Tagged:

Answers

• Hello @Jsdeloria21 ,

First of all, be careful with the images as there could be some confidential information in there. Maybe hide the information that you consider private. As for the solution:

• I assume that you have a datahub where you load data and have a dynamic update of the hierarchy through imports?
    • What is the purpose of the mapping module? Is this meant to be mapped to another list?

Cheers!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• Hi @BrunoRodriguez ,

Appreciate your time in looking into this.

I will minimize the screenshot next time especially with sensitive informations. I just dont know how to show it completely for better understanding.

1. There is a dathub that is where I am currently working on.
    2. the purpose of the mapping is to also identify the common codes of the department using first 3 letters of the code. there are similar department in Each of the Hospitals. like laboratory and Pharmacy. I will share to you the initial requirements given to me (i should have included this in the first place).

Initial requirements

1. Copy the Department Hierarchy from the FP&A Model to the DATAHUB (Access provided) and include the Other Hospitals Hierarchy as provided in the attached files. Each dept Code will consist of the First 3 letters from the Main Dept’s Code+Hospital (ex: LAB_TMCC, LAB_TMCI, etc)
    2. Create a Mapping for the Departments Created to include the properties needed (i.e., parent, code etc.)
    3. Create a Module to Capture the common departments across all hospitals (i.e, Pharmacy, Laboratory, etc) using the first 3 letters of the code.
    4. Create a Flat List from the module in No.3. To publish the action. (This is to meet the requirement of the TMC to consolidate common departments across all hospitals)

I am done with 1. the 2 is what I am working on right now. Basically 1 is duplicate the heirarchy on TMC main to TMC IloIlo, TMC pangasinan and South Luzon with specific departments posted on the excel file she sent me.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

• Hello @Jsdeloria21 ,

From what I understand, points 3 and 4 should be as follows:

• In a module dimensioned by the lowest level of granularity of your main hierarchy (L3), create an item (text) that you can identify with the flat list you have in MAP00. What is the commonality in the code? Can you substract it in a single line item? (i.e., find, left, right…)
    • Once this is done, do a finditem of that text in the same module so you can relate L3 to the list in MAP00.
    • At this stage, you will be able to use that line item formatted as your flat list to drive a SUM that will aggregate all the information as desired.

Cheers!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• @Jsdeloria21 , did it work?

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• i will try tomorrow, I am currently beat from too much anaplan. but thanks for the input and time. will let you know tomorrow if it works. @BrunoRodriguez

• Hi @BrunoRodriguez ,

For point 1 - do I need to create another module separate from Map00 module? also, this is what I did,

create an item (text) that you can identify with the flat list you have in MAP00. What is the commonality in the code? Can you substract it in a single line item? (i.e., find, left, right…)

Did I capture it correctly.

I have not even reach point 2 and 3 yet.

Regards,

• Hello @Jsdeloria21 ,

I believe the first question is what are items that you need in the flat list that you want to use. Once you have the flat list that you want to use created, you need to identify what code those items will have (i.e., is it departamental code).

After that, you already have a flat list with a code that corresponds with a partial code or entire code of the items in your hierarchy and you will need to create a text line item to generate that code in the module dimensioned by the lowest hierarchy (MAP00?)

Once done, it is pretty much finished.

Cheers!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez