Open Display on Current Week

I have created views and dashboards for end users (and myself) that show 2-3 years of weekly data.  However, the most important and useful data is the few weeks before and after whatever the current week is.  How can I force the view to open with current week in center of screen while still allowing user to scroll as far back or forward as they need to?  The constant scrolling to the right is annoying but not being able to scroll back in history is not acceptable either.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• StefR
    Answer ✓
    Brent,

By default, the views will open up to the first week you have shown in your module. You can hide weeks to limit the scrolling or publish new views with only a few weeks before and after the current period. If you choose the latter, you will likely need to update each week. Even with the limited views published, users can right click the module and choose Show All to see all data.

Answers

• Hi Brent,

One way I've worked around this issue is to setup a seperate line item formatted as a boolean to filter on. You can use an IF statement to look for a certain date range, for example:
    IF START() - CURRENTPERIODSTART() >= 0 THEN TRUE ELSE FALSE
    This will look for the current week of the year and assign it a value ot TRUE going forward. You can now filter on this line item to view only TRUE weeks and it should just jump to the current week and roll forward as time goes forward in real time.

You could also setup a limitor so that you can view a certain range (say a rolling 13 week view) as well like this:
    IF START() - CURRENTPERIODSTART() >= 0 AND START() - CURRENTPERIODSTART() < 90 THEN TRUE ELSE FALSE
    Hope this helps!

- James