Cell Read-only

Hello! Is there any way to get smth like cell security in TM1? For example, I have a module with 2 dimensions.  Clients --------- Client 1 Client 2 Products --------- Prod 1 Prod 2 I need to write in Client1\Prod1 and Client2\Prod2, but read only in Client1\Prod2 and Client2\Prod1. Thank you! Best regards, Alexander

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Joris
    Answer ✓
    Hi Alex,

It appears that in the example you mentioned, there is actually a limited set of products used by each customer.

A typical way to solve this would be to create a numbered list (e.g. "#Products per Customer") that uses the Customer list as a Parent Hierarchy. This list would contain all products that are applicable for any given customer. In addition to restricting the possible combinations, this will also reduce the sparsity (non-used combinations) and therewith the size of the module. So you will then use only this list in the module, instead of using both Customer and Product as lists.

Best regards,
    Joris.

Answers

• Here is a case where I don't think numbered lists could work...

We require Users to enter data on a country by counry basis.  Up until this year, we have allowed Users to enter data into a sort of "dummy country" eg: "Z: South America".  But from now on, we only want the Users to enter into specific countries (and not to be able to use this "dumping ground" of Z: South America).  Of course, for our history, we still need to show the values... I'd like to be able to make this cell Read Only.  Can I do something like that?  I fear, at present, I cannot... 

Thanks for any suggestions.

By the way, I think there are a number of other cases where this type of Read / Write control could be useful... Cognos Planning had a feature in their Contributor Product that allowed this...it was called Access Tables and it allowed you to set rights on a pretty sophisticated basis.  I wonder if Anaplan can also allow similar type of control on what Users can enter / only have read access to etc.

Gideon
  • Hi Gideon,

I think assigning Selective Access your Country list could help you. Then you can grant write access to all countries and read access to the dummy countries.

/Cecilia