June 16, 2018 Release Discussion

Do you have feedback on the June 16, 2018 Anaplan platform release? Share your thoughts below!

Click the Reply button below to post.

Answers

• Very excited about Dynamic Cell Access!

• Love this release, som many great features in there, but my favourites are:

Notes: No more extra line items for comments, or dumping to Excel to add commentary.  Use these to explain the "why"

DCA: Game changing feature,This will massively simplify all areas of our modelling. Look out for a learning app and some tips and tricks to get you started. 

Split Composite lists on Imports: This should help us to optimise imports and avoid extra line items for calcs like ISFIRSTOCCURRENCE.  Also use a low level module to create all of the parent lists.

Enhancements to Users List: Enhances the ability to set filters for users and DCA access centrally

Undo Entry on Dashboard or Module: No explanation needed, Fabulous!

Images on Dashboards: Great enhancement and much requested 

Tooltips on Dashboards: This will be great for uncluttering dashboards.  Some instructions can be included as tooltips rather than text boxes

Search on Page Selectors: Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

• Hi Everyone,

Many kudos for this Release, most of the features will be used right on monday. 

I have an issue with the user list :

Also, if you're a workspace administrator, all users will soon be shown when the Users list is used as a dimension of a module. Previously, only data for the current user was shown.

On my apps, i still can only see me. Is there a way to activate this feature ?

Best regards,

• Excited about Dynamic Cell Access, especially with its uses for Workflow.

However, still cannot see all users in the Users dimension. Same issue which Damien has.

• Who would've thought you'd be exicted about DCA @DavidSmith?!?!

And search on page selectors... will streamline a horrendous piece of modelling i've got going on.

• @andrewtye

Funny that!

Check out the "Dynamic Cell Access  - Learning App" in the App hub to help you get going

• Hi, we also mentioned that the 'Add image' feature appeared with the release, but we couldn't get it to work and also couldn't find any documentation on it. Is this now officially released or not? Philipp
  • @PhilippErkinger

Hi Phillip

The instructions can be found here:

https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Dashboards_and_Visualization/Build%20Dashboards/Add_Images_Dashboards.htm?Highlight=text%20link

Hopefully this will help resolve your issue.  If you are still having problems, I suggest contacting support who should be able to offer more guidance

Best regards

David

• Hi,

I'm excited about these new features. 

I am, however, having the same issue with the User list and still only seeing myself. I would love for the feature to be opened up soon to see the entire list for my use case.

Thanks!

• Just to say that our product and support teams are aware of the issue around the full User List and they are working on it. We are hoping to resolve the issue as soon as possible

I'll post an update when it is rectified

David

• @KayneSchwarz wrote:

Also, if you're a workspace administrator, all users are now shown when the Users list is used as a dimension of a module. Previously, only data for the current user was shown.

That's not true. I still see only myself.

• Please see the above post - This is being worked on and we'll have an update for you shortly

• It's very difficult to find your post in this community site. The initial platform release details still claims to give that option and this article is being translated to other languages (e.g. today to Russian by official Anaplan office in Russia).

Until the issue is fixed, please edit the initial article. Otherwise it's very confusing.

• @Kavadera,

Known issues and workarounds have been discovered following the June 16, 2018 Anaplan platform release, including the Workspace Admins are unable to see the full Users list when used as a dimension in a module issue. Please visit the Known Issues and Workarounds page to learn more.

• I noticed that some of my clients have access to the full list of users while some can still only access to themselves.

• Hi Damien

The majority of Customers should now have access to the full user list.  The "fix" is being rolled out incrmentally, so there may still be a few still to be activated.  If your client(s) need(s) this feature urgently, please get them to contact support who can arrange.

I hope this helps

David