Retaining display names as item names when change a numbered list to unnumbered?

A list which has been used to dimension many input line items was incorrectly made a numbered list when it should have been a normal unnumbered list. I can change it to unnumbered but am left with the expected #123 number as the item name. What I now want to do is replace the #123 with the display name but so far I have found no way of doing this. I can delete the existing items and insert the new items easily enough but that will loose all the data in the model which i do not want to do. I can manually change the name of each item but that will take many hours as the list is 3000 items long. Does anyone have a solution to this please?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Hi Peter40,

I'm assuming you're doing this as a one off, and not part of a daily post go live operations.

You can do the following:

1. Assuming the original numbered list has the following: Name, Code, Display,

2. You can export the above into a txt or csv file,

3. Change the numbered list into a normal list,

4. You can then import the txt or csv file back, and do the following mapping:

Display --> Name

Code --> Code

Note: Please use the 'Code Only' selection in the 'Items uniquely identified by' area.

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 2.33.34 PM.png

Thanks,

LC