Property based filtering

Hi experts,

I have a requirement But i am cofusing acheive the requirement.

In employee list we  are maintaining some Properties like (Joining date,Resign date,Last working day ,Position,Employee Type, Department,Salary properties).

In Employee Module, i want to get data based on page selector selection.

Suppose, in page selector when i select HR Department,Permanant employee type,Manager position

Then it should show combination of only those members in the module.

I hope you understood 

Can you please suggest me how to resolve the issue?

Is it possible to show property member in page selection?

Regards,

Uma

Best Answer

• VIGNESH.M
    Answer ✓

Hi Uma,

Create Module Called Filter , with no dimensions.

Add Employee Type Line Item, format of the line item is Employee Type

Add Department Line items, format of the line item is Department

Use the below Logic in Employee Module Filter

(Employee.Employee Type = Filter.Employee Type or isblank(Filter.Employe Type)) and (Employee.Department= Filter.Department or isblank(Filter.Department))

We can achieve this filter with help of  line items, can't with property page selector.

~Vignesh

Answers

• Hi Uma,

You can create a boolean line item within the module and reference all 3 of your properties from the list using AND i.e. Employee.Employee Type = ITEM(Employee Type) AND Employee.Department = ITEM(Department). Then use this line item in your filter. 

Hope this helps. 

• Hi  AWhitworth,

When i try above formula it was invalid.

Please find attachment.

How to show property selection in page selector.Can you please explain me in brief

Regards,

Uma

• Hi Vignesh,

Thank you for your reply.

I create a new module called filter with no dimensions.

ana filter.PNG

and i write a formula in main module i.e employee module

123.PNG

Suppose in when i select Owner(position) and HR(Department) only HR Department owners  data only appear remaining all employees data hide.

When i apply filter in the above module then 

it shows only employee data all line items are hided

1.PNG

But as per the requirement all line items(Joining date,resign date,last working day etc) are show only employees are hide based on selection

I am sorry i am new to anaplan can u please explian in breief.

Regards,

Uma

• Hi Uma,

Use this formula,

(Position=Filter.position or isblank(Position)) and (Department=Filter.Department or isblank(Department))

Unhide all the columns, then apply filter.

~Vignesh

• @UMAMAHESH 

Firstly, please store the attribute directly in your Employee details module.  It is best practice not to use List properties unless essential

Ok, so you now have you Employee details module with the attributes in

1. As previously mentioned, create the module with a line item for each attribute on which you wish to filter

NB Add the Users list to this module to prevent conflect between multiple users

2. Create a filter module by Employee AND users and create a line item for each attribute as above and a Filter? line item to act as the Filter.  Below shows the dashboard with this module shown along with the Filter input and the result2019-03-01_16-28-44.png

3. Apply the filter to the Employee details module2019-03-01_16-22-26.png

4. The ISBLANK() expression allows you exclude certain attributes from the filter.  All you need to do is refresh the dashboard after data entry in the top module2019-03-01_16-29-13.png

2019-03-01_16-30-33.png

2019-03-01_16-38-18.png

you can obviously add more condtions around start and end dates in the filter module but hopefully the above gives you the steps to build your solution

David 

• Hi vignesh,

Thank you for your suggestions.

For above reply, i can able to view data of base level selection. But as per requirement, i want to see data for top level wise.Capture.PNG

In the above screen shot South,North,India & Total company like parent members  are disabled.

But we need to show parent members data also.

Please suggest how to resolve the issue?

Regards,

Uma

• Hi vignesh,

Thank you for your suggestions.

For above reply, i can able to view data of base level selection. But as per requirement, i want to see data for top level wise.Capture.PNG

In the above screen shot South,North,India & Total company like parent members  are disabled.

But we need to see parent members data also.

Please suggest how to resolve the issue?

Regards,

Uma

• @UMAMAHESH ,

In order to see "top" level members, you will need to create a "flat" list with all possible members.

Hope this helps,

Rob

• Hi Uma,

#1 Create a flat list with all the possible data and use that list for filter instead location list.

Use Finditem function to detect the particular location/Region.

#2 Create a another line item to filter by north,south,west,east,

if you want to see it by Total company, then don't apply  any filter by location/Region.

~Vignesh