Optimizer Overview - Not Showing Correct/Optimized Results

Hi,

I have a simple LP problem  where in I need to check how many Units of Big Products and Small Products can I make in order to maximize my profits keeping constraints in mind.

Objective : Units to Make for Big and Small Products

Inputs:  1. Manpower for Big is 6 Hours and for Small it is 9 hours

2. Raw Materials is 1 Bag for Big and 1 Bag for Small

3. Other Components is 15 units for Big and 10 units  for Small

4. Unit Profit for Big is $182 and $139 for Big & Small Respectively

Constraints: 6 hours of Big Manpower + 9 hours of Small Manpower <=7000

1 Bag of Raw materials for Big + 1 bag of raw materials for Small <=1000

15 units of other components of Big + 10 units of other components of Small <=14000

My Approach:  I created two Lists - Products (Big, Small) and Input List (Manpower, Raw Materials, Other Components)

a) Created an Input module with 2 line items: Input data - Dimensions of both the lists & Unit Profit - Dimension of Products

b) Created Variable Module (Dimension both the lists)  -  One Line item - Totals; the optimizer publishes the data in this module

c) Created Objective Module( Dimension both the lists) -  Input Module.Unit Profit* Variable Module.Totals

d) Created Constrains Module with 3 line items (Dimensions both the lists) - Manpower, Raw Materials & Other Components. 

Manpower - Input Module .Input Data * Variable Module .Totals <= 7000 - Boolean Formatted

Raw Materials- Input Module.Input Data * Variable Module.Totals <= 1000 - Boolean Formatted

Other Components -Input Module.Input Data * Variable Module.Totals <= 14000- Boolean Formatted                                              

When I run the optimizer I don't get the desired results - The optimized results are 800 & 200 Units of Big and Small Respectively but Anaplan Optimizer provides way lesser amount than it (66 & 100 respectively). Any thoughts on this?

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi Misbah,

I only created 1 list, i.e Products.

Below are the screen shots of the 4 modules i created.

The prefix indicates whether they are Variable, Assumption (Input), Constraint or Objective.

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 11.57.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-08 at 11.57.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-08 at 11.57.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-08 at 11.58.01 PM.png

Below is a screen shot of the optimizer action:

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 12.01.51 AM.png

The results are as you expected, i.e. 800 Big Product, and 200 Small Product as shown in the first screen shot.

Thanks,

LipChean

• I did in my way...here are the screenshots..still the same results

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

• Thanks @ LipChean_Soh.