Editing Columns of Lists on Dashboards

When a list is published to a dashboard, it would be nice if some of the functions available for modules are also available:

• Hiding/Showing certain columns
  • Editing specific column widths (currently, all columns aside from the first are sized to the same width)
  • Adding color/conditional formatting to specific columns
Tagged:
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• In cases where a custom experience is required (for list management) using a module is often easier, and provides greater flexibility, and even control.

For example, we cannot use any of the following for lists published to dashboards:  filters, hide/show columns, conditional formatting, and, significantly for many of my clients, preventing the deletion of list items (I think this last one is true).

• Status changed to: New
  • I think this was already submitted but if I remember rightly it was not accepted/didn't go further. I agree it would make life easier and prevent the need of extra development. I find publishing lists to dashboards is mainly suitable for admin dashboards, but as soon as you need to present it to users, customization becomes a necessity.

more than happy to kudo this one!

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!