Running balance of a numbered list

Is it possible to get the running balance of a numbered list? my numbered list is a daily cash transactio and i need a line item taht will get the running balance per transaction.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi @Ana22 

Assuming the list has a top level such as 'Total' etc.

Create 'Count' line item which is dimensioned by the list you want to count, Number format, formula is 1

Create a module with a line item 'Count Summary' and no dimensions, number format.

Add this formula to 'Count Summary' line item:

Max('Count'[MAX:Total],0)

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Usman

• Hi @usman.zia , 

Thanks for replying. I tried the formula you suggested but got the attached error. As you can see on my screenshot, I need to get the running balance. I need to be be able to get the cumulative value of #1 and #2 on my example so that I get the correct running balance. 

Thanks for your help! 🙂

Thanks,

Ana

• Hi @Ana22 

My apologies the formula should be: Max('Count'[SELECT: Total],0).

Please do let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Usman

• Hi @usman.zia ,

It's still not working. Result is showing zero. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Ana

• Hi @Ana22 

It could be to do with the summary method? for that line item or instead of 'SELECT' you could try nesting the 'SUM'. 

I hoppe this helps.

Thanks,

Usman

• @Ana22 ,

Please follow the pictures below.  As stated above, create a count line item with it defaulted to 1 (summary is turned on).

2019-06-11_21-23-42.png

In another module, without dimensionality, create a line item pointing to the Count line item in the above picture.

2019-06-11_21-23-53.png

Hope this helps,

Rob