SUM COLLECT

Hi Anaplanner, 

i have problem with take amount from GL Mapping (picture 1) to stagging (picture 2), and i want sum by CC(number), how must i do ?

in the picture 1 i use collect to take amount in GL mapping

clipboard_image_1.png

clipboard_image_0.png

Best Answer

• Panji
    Answer ✓

Hi @DavidSmith 

yes, i need that line item :

Version

Period

CC

Entities Category

to make a code, and the code and amount will be import to another workspace

Answers

• @Panji 

In your first screenshot is the Management L4 a formatted list.  It should be to allow the SUM formula to work in your target

Also, in you target, you do have a lot of line items that are replicated: 

Version

Period

CC

Entities Category

Do you need these in this module?

David

• OK, if you are using CODE(ITEM), or NAME(ITEM()) build those in System modules dimensioned only by the single dimension and then refer the line items in your staging module to those

Also, ensure that they are subsidiary views to make the staging module as efficient as possible

David

• @Panji 

Hope you got what @DavidSmith illustrated below. Please use subsidiary views to keep your module/model efficient.

If I got your question correctly, you can simply use SUM and get the data from the source to the target module. For Example Keeping rest of the dimensions same between both the modules if you want to bring the data w.r.t Cost Centre in the target module, you will add cost centre as a dimension in the source module and will use the formula as - Amount[SUM: Cost Centre] where Amount is the number formatted line item in the source module

Cost Centre - Is the list formatted line item in the source module or List formatted property in any of the dimensions of source module.

Hope that helps. I would also request you to use "accept as a solution" feature - when you feel that that you got what you wanted - so that community knows that the solution has been provided to that particular query.

Happy Planning!

Thanks,

Miz