Make Bulk Copy between Versions an Action

Currently our team EVERY WEEK, has to bulk copy the current version to the previous version because there is no way to automate this.  That is 52 manual interventions every year.  If you could create an ACTION that would allow you to bulk copy and have user select source version to target version, than we can schedule an informatica job to run this and avoid any manual effort on our teams part.

Is there any plan to do this in the future?

32 votes

Delivered · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: Delivered
  • This would be amazing. Without this being 'actionable' then we have to create a separate action for every module that has editable line items.

• I like this idea as it gives greater flexibility to end users for What-If analysis (without being dependent on their admin).  Ideally there would also be the ability to create Actions to Insert or Delete versions as needed. 

• This is totally a feature I would look forward to have as a action to be added to administration dashboards.

I was surprised this is not already available ^^

• This would be really helpful

• This would be super helpful, and I've seen many similar ideas on the idea exchange requesting the same thing.  @Gwen.pryor with all the kudo's this has received, just wondering why the status was changed from Under Investigation to Not Planned?

• @Gwen.pryor and @Miran 

I second @ebayliss comment. And, I'd like to raise my hand on this one.

If you add all the kudos together, this ideas certainly has one of the top votes and I can attest to the time productivity loss by having to hunt down every module that uses versions and has editable line items. Even more troublesome when someone adds a new editable line item - manual actions won't keep it in sync.

Is it really that challenging to put the bulk copy to an action? We do it for the optimizer - seems doable to me but at least if you could share with us why this is not planned would be appreciated.

• Totally agree with @JaredDolich 

• +1. I was really surprised this went to not planned, meaning that the idea is definitely dropped ?

• I'm sure I raised the same idea a long time ago ....I'm a bit surprised as well that this isn't planned.

I'm voting on this one, just in case 🙂

• @Alessio_Pagliano 

Don't worry - We had a change of status set up in our system which re-set some of the flags 

This one is being investigated

David

• @DavidSmith Thank you!

I'm really glad this will remain on the radar at the very least.

Very time consuming process - kind of a dreaded process in my world.

Can we consolidate all the ideas for this into one and add up the points? I think you'll see it's quite high.

• @JaredDolich 

Don't worry, I don't need the points tally - It's on my radar!! 😀

• Glad to hear this is still on the radar !

• @DavidSmith , thanks for the good news 🙂

• This was delivered in a platform update on 6 November 2021: https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Releases/What-s-New-November-6-2021/ba-p/124249

Note that there are some constraints around the Bulk Copy Action (e.g. inability to copy across members of a Production list) which we are tracking in other Ideas.

• Can the follow up idea for having bulk copy across production lists be referencee here ?

• @stephen.brook Technically, this request has NOT been delivered. Therefore, I would recommend that we update the status accordingly. The initial description requires to "have user select source version to target version" which is not currently available.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!