Ability to customize Dimensions for line item summaries

I would like the ability to customize the dimensions across which the automatic line item summary will apply.

Currently, we can only specify Summary (for all selected dimensions) and Time Summary. This means that for multi-dimensional line items, if I need a summary over one dimension I am forced to summarize over all others even when unnecessary.

This results in a lot of wasted space, or even calculations that become impossible because summarizing over the unnecessary dimensions results in exceeding workspace size limits. This can lead to complex workarounds involving duplicating and manually combining line items, or maintaining multiple lists to remove parent levels, all of which are a pain to manage and go against modeling best practices.

I don't even need the ability to specify different summary methods for each dimension (though that could be cool too.) I just want a checkbox to turn off the ones I don't need.

12 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!