How to get the last row number

Hi,everyone.

How do I get the last row number of a line item with characters entered?

sample.jpg

I would like to get row number "5" from this module.

Could you tell me how to get the number?

Best regards.

Best Answer

• @taku.s 

You can achieve this by adding two line items, below are the screenshot for you reference.

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_7.png

I hope that helps

Thanks

Akhtar

Answers

• @taku.s 

Create a line item that concatenates Item A, Item B, Item C and Date (although date should probably be dimensionalized)

then use the LASTNONBLANK function.

https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Calculation_Functions/All/LASTNONBLANK.html

Give that a try.

• @taku.s 

I really like @Akhtar.shahbaz answer to find row 5. That's a solid solution.

But, as i thought more about this scenario I couldn't help but wonder what is the use case.

It looks like you're loading a transaction module using sequential numbers and wanting to delete the rows with no transactions.

If that's the case, I'd like to add a few thoughts.

First, try to avoid using sequential numbers to load transactions. While this may seem like a convenient way to load data it will cause a lot of issues later when you try to update the transations, append, or need to remove certain transactions. Read @rob_marshall post on Data Hub Peak Performance. I promise this will be one of the best posts you've ever read regarding transaction modules.

Secondly, if you really must use sequential numbers I would recommend setting a Boolean that finds the empty rows. Then use that Boolean to "Delete from List using selection" in the action tab. Much easier than searching for the first row.

• By the way, I think your question is normal when you use excel. When you're in Anaplan, it could be slightly different.

Excel has one row with two statuses, having data or a blank.
    Anaplan row is (should be) determined with two statuses that exist or not.
    You ought to keep every row has some meaning to exist, or don't generate a vacant row.
    If you get some new data, add rows (items) as many as you need.

(...Sorry that I am far from your question. )