Re: How to Group Total sold from 4-4-5 to calendar month if data is weekly commencing monday?

@JaredDolich 

Your solution worked great and it's exactly what I'm looking for. I would like to ask a follow up question on the topic in the link below:

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Anaplan-Platform-Discussions/How-to-Group-Total-sold-from-4-4-5-to-calendar-month-if-data-is/m-p/59830#

One question I have is that when I applied that to my model, because I have a parent hierarchy, the start & end date delta sums up. Would you have a solution for this?

In the example below, the child list is showing the correct start & end days delta but the parent is showing summed up total. is there a way to correct this?

Capture.PNG

Tagged:

Best Answer

• @jimfeng5 

Hopefully I'm understanding the use case here.

And, if so, you are absolutely right! I broke a best-practice rule!

The summary should be set to "NONE".

The only two line items that need a summary is the original sales and the adjusted sales.

In this example it sums on time but yours will work to on all the dimensions.

Let me know if this is what you're after.

445Rebuttal001.png445Rebuttal002.png

Answers

• Hi Jared,

That's exactly what I'm looking for. So what I did was that I set the summary to average instead of none, and in my specific situation, it worked out perfectly.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Jim