Cross Referencing Between Lists - Dimension of mapping used for aggregation doesn't match any dimens

Hi All,

I'm taking our demand planners monthly forecast and converting it into daily then rolling it up into weekly buckets.  I've successfully gotten us down to daily, using a fake timescale, added the week commencing date and I'm trying to do a SUM function with each day that matches the weekly period being added up.  The problem I'm having is my module for weekly has different dimensions than daily.  That is, when demand sends us over the forecast it's in a different SKU formulation than how we look at it.

We look at it as SKUCODE - SKU DESCRIPTION whereas they just look at it as SKU DESCRIPTION.  We have some mapping in place already that was done by our consultants, but rather than calling them up I'd like to understand this for myself.  I keep getting something like this "Dimension of mapping used for aggregation doesn't match any dimension of the source"  Can someone explain this in layman's terms?

Best Answer

• You will need to define the relationship between the two lists using a System module.  Your SUM formula would then reference that mapping (module dimensioned by one list with a mapping line item formatted by another list).  This can be a manual input or formula driven if the two lists have a common linkage.  If you are trying to match based on text descriptions than you may try using the FINDITEM() formula.

Here is some additional info on System modules:   https://learning.anaplan.com/course/view.php?id=982 

Answers

• In layman's terms that error just means the modules are based on two different lists so there isn't a logical summation.   Your SUM formula will need to include conditions for both the Day to week mapping as well as the SKU mapping. 

• Yes I understand that, what I'm trying to figure out is how to cross reference the 2 types of SKU codes so it will aggregate appropriately.  Any thoughts?

• jedge@dsi.com ,

Quick question, why are you using a fake time list at the day level and not the real time scale?