QUARTERVALUE Function

Hi team,

I've got 2 simple modules with 2 dimensions, Accounts & Time. The source module has the Model Calender with Month as the Time Scale. The target Module has a Custom Time Range with Quarter Totals selected & has Quarters set as the Time Scale. Both Summaries are set to Sum

When I reference the source module using QUARTERVALUE function from the Target module there are no values returned. My understanding was that it would return the sum of the Quarter value?

Thanks!

Mark

Best Answer

• Hi @MarkTurkenburg 

The source needs to have 'Quarters' turned on, in order for QuarterValue to work as shown below in 2 different scenarios:

1. M1 is the source for both M2 and M3. Note that M1 has Quarter in its Time.

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 20.13.05.png

2. M3 is the source for both M1 and M2. Note that M3 is at Quarter level.

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 20.14.38.png

Thanks,

LipChean

Answers

• Thanks @LipChean_Soh 

The problem I am trying to solve is there a certain presentation modules within my model where I would like to view them only in Quarters. Rather than turning on Quarters for the Model Calendar, which will materially increase the size of the model, I created a Custom Time Range with Quarters turned on. Currently I create modules whereby:

* Calendar is the Customer Calendar with Quarters turned on 

* Time Range is set to Month, which then aggregates up to Quarters

* Filter our the months so only the Quarters are visible

Is there any way I can bypass the Months rolling up into Quarters, set the Time Range to Quarters & return the values when referencing a line item without Quarters?

Thanks

Mark

• Hi @MarkTurkenburg 

Do see if the following works, the results are shown in'M3 - Qtr Only'.

The only formula not shown is:

Quarter Details.Start Mth = Period(Start())

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 20.56.13.png

Thanks,

LipChean

• Thanks @LipChean_Soh 

Nice solution!

Mark