Dashboard Module Views - Quick Filters

We have a module view published to a dashboard where user control filters have been applied for the end users view, and we deactivated the "Data - Filter" option of the dashboard-published module view as a precaution. End users can use "Quick Filters", but only one selection can be made within a column from our experience. Our end users would like to have a filtering logic similar to Excel where multiple options can be selected within a specific column of data, but we are not aware of an Anaplan equivalent. 

Has anyone figured out a way to allow end users to filter on multiple selections within a specific column of data while also not compromising any module filtering applied for a saved view? 

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi There,

If you're already using a user controlled module to filter the end user view, why don't you add additional line items into the module with additional logic and use that as an additional filter to the end user view?

Regards,

Winston

• Hi @snedecos 

There are many different ways to approach this and great question!

First I would consider how many different users would be viewing this dashboard at any one time (this is to understand if you need a user dimension on a custom filter module).

Then I would look to create a new module with the logic that filters each column for the dimension based on the criteria to filter for.

This would be a different line item for each column (if this is the flexibility that you need). 

Then I would create a filtering line items which is a boolean line item which references the logic for filtering and results in true where the conditions are met (this would need the original dimension of the module you want to filter). 

Then apply saved view with the filter referenced to the module you want to filter.

The publish the input filter module on the dashboard above the publish saved view with the filter applied. 

Then you can achieve multi column(line item) filtering.

However enabling access to user to use the detailed filter is much simpler than this workaround so I would advise that.

But it shows what can be possible! 

I hope this helps! 

Usman