Level 1 Model Building Part 7 - Adding formulas to line items after importing

I am trying to add the formula (CODE(ITEM('G1 REGION')) to the SYS02 Region Details. I keep getting an error message that the formula is invalid because code does not apply to any of the lists (it has an empty applies to). I have a feeling that my applies to box should be filled with G1 region, but I am afraid that putting that in and being wrong may cause irreversible damage. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Comments

• Hi @krissymccann,

first, think about ITEM formula, let's check Anapedia (https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Calculation_Functions/All/ITEM.html)

"Returns the list item of a list-formatted or time period-formatted line item."

Therefore, to return list item, this list needs to be a dimension in your module. That answers your question - you need to have G1 Region as a dimension in your module. SYS02 Region Details is system module, the only dimension will be G1 Region and line items in which you want to store details of Region list members e.g. Code.

Let me know if you have other questions!

• Okay that makes sense, so in order to add the G1 Region as a dimension in my SYS02 Region Details module, that means I must put G1 Region into my Applies To box on the code line correct?

• It should be dimension of your module so 'G1 - Region' as a dimension ('Applies To') for your module as well as line items:

code.jpg