Level 1 Model Building : Question on DATA01 Module

This question concerns part 11 of the Level 1 Model Building in Activity "Create a profit and loss model". I have a big import problem for the P&L+Actuals+&+Budget.csv because beyond the Actual,UK,Utilities line, nothing goes beyond that in the import (i.e. 2/3 of the data is missing in the import). I checked the validity of the data, the mapping and nothing solves my question. Has anyone encountered a similar problem and would they know how to help me?

Best Answer

• usman.zia
    Answer ✓

Hi @edgar.minault 

The module for the data that is imported should have the following dimensions:

DAT01 P&L Actuals and Budget Dimensions: G2 Country, Versions, Time (Months)

The line items should be:

Headcount
    Revenue
    Cost of Sales 
    Salary
    Bonus 
    Car Costs 
    Phone Costs
    Medical Costs 
    Shipping Costs
    Rent 
    Utilities
    Shared Costs 

I would check that these are correct first.

Then I would check the time settings of the model and make sure that the range is correct.

Then I would check that the version in the import is actual and there is no switchover applied.

Then I would check the data in the import file to make sure nothing is missing.

If this all fails please coud you provide a screenshot of your import that you have created. 

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Usman

Answers

• Hello,

I am having the same issue. The cvs file does not upload past about row 60. There are 289 rows, so I am missing huge chunk of data.

I have gone through all the check steps you posted, but still having no luck.

Attached are my screenshots.

Thank you,

Anton

• Actually I think I solved my own problem. I realized I have not worked with data this large before and that not all data will show in the preview screen.

Also, because of the view I was in (probably could mess around in pivot to show everything), I was not seeing budget data since I had time as a column I had to scroll very far to the right to see the data.

So infact this was a good exercise in learning to double-check that your data is imported by paying attention to exactly how it imports and what view you are in.