Waterfall chart NUX

Hi,

I want to use the following data to create a waterfall chart:

bbolton_0-1586326681627.png

In the old UX, my waterfall chart includes an end target:

bbolton_1-1586326743366.png

However, in the NUX, the End Total does not appear: 

bbolton_2-1586326801037.png

Is there something more I have to do in order to visualize the End Total?

Br

Bjorn

Answers

• Hi @bbolton 

In classic model "End Total" will come automatically and we can't hide from the graph but in New UX there is an option whether you want the end total or not.

If order to get the end total just add one more line item in your module and add all the values.

Example:

Screenshot_220.png

Screenshot_222.png

Then just create the waterfall graph based on the view created

Screenshot_221.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Akhtar

• Hi @Akhtar.shahbaz 

I would normally do so yes.

However, in this case, the rows are filtered from a list and the line item is the dimension "Value". So I do not think adding another line item will solve it. This is why the end total was helpful. 

bbolton_0-1586328239542.png

I have tried to add a new list item (from production list) that could act as end total without success

• Hi @bbolton 

As you mentioned you have list items in a row based on filter so you can try below approach:

Example:

Below is same as your module, Row having list items

Screenshot_223.png

2). Now create a system module with all above list item as line items and mapped accordingly

Screenshot_224.png

3). Create another module with all as line item with Total as well.

Screenshot_225.png

Screenshot_226.png

Now publish above view as waterfall garph.

Screenshot_227.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Akhtar

• Hello! 

I'm having a similar issue, however my end total is showing as an increment instead.  

I have rows that pull data from other modules as +/- and then the last row simply adds them together, but that end total shows as an increment step up in green.

I cannot find a way to format this or total the details to make it appear as the end result.

Other ideas?

Thanks,

Nancy

• @akhtar.shabaz
    Hello!

I'm having a similar issue, however my end total is showing as an increment instead.

I have rows that pull data from other modules as +/- and then the last row simply adds them together, but that end total shows as an increment step up in green.

I cannot find a way to format this or total the details to make it appear as the end result.

Other ideas?

Thanks,

Nancy
  • Hi Nancy,

Is your end total line item marked as "Is Summary"?  This checkbox should automatically check itself when you make the simple addition formula.

Summary checkbox.png

Thanks,

Emily

• Hi Emily,

Actually, I had found this solution some time ago.

Thanks,

Nancy
  • Hi All,

The data used to populate a waterfall chart must be built up using line items. 

Subtotals should be checked as parent items of the line items to be summed and all other dimensions should be set as context selectors and the line items as rows.

If required map your calculations into a staging module using a Line item subset of the target module to set up the mapping module. 

I have created an example;

ChrisHeathcote_0-1617706514451.png

ChrisHeathcote_1-1617706533908.png

ChrisHeathcote_2-1617706555287.png

ChrisHeathcote_3-1617706590227.png