FEATURE REQUEST: Universal List that can be used in all Models

Currently, the process to use same list across different models is a complicated process of importing lists from one model to another.

If Anaplan really plans to be the a Connected Planning tool, they should have a feature of having a Universal List that can be used across all models without doing import. I am proposing that this Universal List is readily useable in all models. In short, each model will have 2 sets of lists: Universal List and Model Specific List.

Hope this feature is considered. If there is an official Feature Request forum, kindly move this post there.

Thanks!

Tagged:
21 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Yes! This would be so much better. We have set up import processes in our models, and that works, sort of (except for deleted or renamed or moved members). But this would simplify maintenance so much and reduce a key area of model risk.

Not sure how you would want properties to work, we don’t have all the same properties/subsets in all models (they are all in our hub but not in all target models), so I think that would be a good area of discussion.
  • With regard to the property and Subsets, I think you will just have to ensure that all the modules are setup in such a way that the functionality/features/properties/subsets of the Universal List are applicable in all modules.

This is definitely a feature that would make ANAPLAN better.

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed that anaplan does not have this feature and makes us go through the effort of importing lists when their very promise to begin with is interconnected planning. How can you do connected planning if the models and lists are not connected in any way?!?
  • @chadman4 Thanks for the request - I've gone ahead and moved this to our Idea Exchange.  Check out the exchange and guidelines, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out.

• Thanks! hope this post gets more attention!

• Status changed to: In Review
  • Hope this gets implemented soonnnn 🙂

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!