Monitor model sizes

Periodically we are making an overview of all our models and their size. This is a manual exercise and only possible to collect via 'manage models' in each separate workspace. We then copy the model sizes every month in one of our models to monitor growth.

It would be nice to be able to see the model size via the Anaplan Administration. And even better to see the model size over time. This will save manual work.

16 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi, 

I agree it would be handy if Anaplan was to deliver an out of the box functionality for this and other general monitoring/admin actions (eg users logged in, running tasks, etc). 

For the time being it seems I have posted a solution some time ago that does exactly that and you could find it here. I built it long time ago, it can certainly be optimized and serve for even more helpful analysis. The only time it might need amending is if/when Anaplan is deploying new functionality that is affecting the blueprint extract it's based on (at least the way I originally built it).

Your kudos will be appreciated and I hope it helps !

PS> I embed this and other similar custom functionality I built in an empty "shell model" so that it's there and ready to be used every time I start on a new use case/project.

Thanks,

Alessio

• Status changed to: In Review
  • Great idea @****.kaandorp, sounds to me like a CoE. 

I am impressed by the detailed explanation and documentation provided by @Alessio_Pagliano. Thank you ! 

• This will be helpful for us as well, as we need daily size tracking of our models and workspace usage - this is all to make sure we don't hit the limit during our nightly batch process which results in holding all the jobs. Wondering if are able to send an API request to get the model sizes on demand and automatically. 

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!