Level 1 - Dashboard - Optional Activity - Add Location and Product Page Selectors to Dashboard

Hi

In the Dashboard - Optional Activity, should the page selector for Product related be at Product or Product Family level?  

lps_0-1588857940703.png

Comments

• Hi Ips,

If I remember correctly those 2 are a hierarchy (product family is a parent of product), so by publishing the selector for products it should automatically give you the option to select the product family.

So I'd recommend publishing the product-selector in order to cover your bases.

All the best,

• @MaartenGijbels, thanks.
    Out of curiosity, as the current page selector in the Saved View that is published to DB is Product, is there any way to publish just the Product Family (parent of Product) as Page Selector?
  • Yes, you could do exactly the same as you did for the PRODUCT-list. However starting from the higher level dimension. In essence this means starting from a module that uses the PRODUCT FAMILY in its applies to to create the selectors.

More info can be found here.

• @MaartenGijbels

I could only managed to publish the PRODUCT list if I use the page selector from a module that has been published. If I want to publish the PRODUCT FAMILY page selector, I would have to use the page selector from another module that is not published.
  • Hi Ips,

I made a small draft, and will include some screenshots. It's based on random things, so it won't be exactly the same as your L1.

The lists:

MaartenGijbels_0-1588913920759.png

Hierarchy:

MaartenGijbels_1-1588913940753.png

A module with inventory on PRODUCT-level:

MaartenGijbels_2-1588913967385.png

And a module with PRODUCT FAMILY in the applies to: (I didn't even bother to fill in the Line Items here)

MaartenGijbels_3-1588914000580.png

The dashboard:

Publish selector from the SYS PRODUCT FAMILY-module:

MaartenGijbels_4-1588914087681.png

Publish a view from the module, I chose this:

MaartenGijbels_5-1588914122299.png

On the dashboard you get this:

MaartenGijbels_6-1588914139682.png

A page selector containing only the options for PRODUCT FAMILY, a selection here automatically drives the table below.

MaartenGijbels_7-1588914250355.png

But the table also allows to select a lower granularity (a product.)

MaartenGijbels_8-1588914265124.png

Have a look and see if that works for you.

All the best,

• @MaartenGijbels
    Thank you so much for your effort in this. I am getting the same result as your example based on the publishing of 2 separate page selectors i.e.
    1) from Product (in which the module was published)
    2) from Product Family (in which the module was not published)
    and synchronisation of these 2 pages selectors in DB.

Thanks again for the validation.