EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role

Hi, 

I created the module and successfully imported data for EMP03. In the certification, it requires us to update line items to reference the driver in EMP03 in the EMP02. I keep getting this error shown below. 

Invalid formula for 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Bonus: Automatic sum of 'EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role'.Bonus % over E3 Role hierarchy is not possible as E3 Role does not have a built-in top level

How can I resolve this? 

Tagged:

Comments

• @leex9018 

That error occurs because there's nothing for the line item to sum up to. It needs a top level.

Double check your lists and make sure you've included all the top levels.

If you're still stuck, cut/paste your calculation for the bonus line item and I'll take a look.

• Hi, 

I am unsure about how to set up a top-level. Can you remind me how to do that? 

• @leex9018 

There are two ways to do this

1. Go to E3 list and click on configure tab and set up your top level item and apply the changes here 

Misbah_0-1591679740530.png

2. Click on General Lists and set up your top level in any list here

Misbah_1-1591679915742.png

Hope that helps

Miz

• Hi. I tried the first suggestion you did. I am now trying to edit the formula. I am getting a warning message that says, "Format of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the source." How can I resolve this message? 

• hi @leex9018 

you need to refer medical cost by department and by role for an employee , so a mapping must be there between employee and its department and role so that using the mapping , the values can be looked up from the EMP03 module

use the employees system module for establishing mapping 

• Hi@Kanishq17
    what do you mean by say employee system module