Suggestions for Creating a Data Point on a Version, Based on alternate Version

Our model has three key types of Versions - Actuals, Baselines, and Custom Scenarios. I have multiple Baseline Versions and many more Custom Scenarios - the end-user will be able to select which two they would like to use. My thought is a drop-down List of the Versions for "Baseline" - all other modules on the dashboard will be the selected Custom Scenarios. 

I've developed two separate modules to capture the (A) Baseline Price % and (B) Custom Scenario Price %. I want to have a third module compare the Custom % / Baseline % to determine the mark-up/down percentage, then apply that factor to the Baseline % to generate an "Adjusted Baseline" which will feed the revenue module.

I need assistance with the "Select Baseline Version". Is there a way in my third module to have a SUM/LOOKUP/SELECT formula that will retrieve the month's Baseline Price for the selected scenario? The rest of the third module is controlled by Version selected for the specific module.

Answers

• @rhightower 

By not getting into the nitti gritties of your case let me try to answer your question of retrieving the data for particular scenario

For example If i have a source module with Version dimension (having V1, V2, V3 etc in it) and I want to pull V1 version in the target module you can do that by using SELECT function i.e., Source Module.Line item[SELECT: Version.'V1']. However we don't recommend using SELECT function because it is considered to be breaking Sustainable (S)element of PLANS.Instead you can use LOOKUP.

Create a dimensionless module with one line item formatted as Version, Pick the version you want the data to come from and use this line item as LOOKUP in your module i.e., Source Module.Line item[LOOKUP: Dimensionless Module.Line item]

• You cannot use lookup with versions if you are using the builtin versions because You cannot create a line item with version as a format using prebuilt anaplan versions.

• So you have to resort to either use select
    • using one of the version specific function (currentversion(), actualversion()...)
    • Build a custom version using general list