Level 1 Model : Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result.

2»

Answers

• I had typed the same formula, but got this error message:

Invalid formula for 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Bonus: Automatic sum of 'EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role'.Bonus % over E3 Role hierarchy is not possible as E3 Role does not have a built-in top level

Any advice?

Thank you!

• Spoiler

I had entered what I believed to be the correct formula, and after reading your response, I had typed the formula correctly (it matched what you listed), however, I am getting this error:

Invalid formula for 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Bonus: Automatic sum of 'EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role'.Bonus % over E3 Role hierarchy is not possible as E3 Role does not have a built-in top level

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thank you!

• Hi there, 

I was able to input all of the different formulas into the REP04 module, however for the list item 'Bonus' I was unable to have any output results. Across all Roles and Regions it shows a '0' in the years. Any chance you can help, thank you!

• hI @ifeldman,

Is the error (no data) only for line item Bonus?

REP04 module is reporting summary of employee expense by Role across Region; Source data for this report is referenced from EMP02 module (employee expenses). Some probing questions...

1. Is there data in source module?
    2. Do you notice that dimension of Source module and Target module are not same?
    3. Whats the additional dimension in your Target?
    4. Is there a mapping table (where relationship is maintained) you can reference to sum-up, for the additional dimension in target?
    5. Is there parent-child relation between Region & Employee? 

Kindly check. 

Cheers!

• Hi 

Im having the same issue, can you elaborate on the which module "Data Type was incorrect" pls.

Regards

Your Ref: Thank you, my lookups are working now, brilliant, my data type was incorrect.

• This is because E3 role doesn't have Top level mentioned in the hierarchy.

Step 1. Go to E3 Role list in Configure tab the "Top level item" is not present. Update as All roles.

Step 2: Still giving error then, delete the "All roles" from Grid view and then again do the Step 1.

Hope this will resolve the issue.

• Thank you for the suggestions. I have gotten my mapping to match up but now I can't get any data in my EMP02 module past sept 2020.  Any ideas on why that is?

LStinsa_0-1614289535728.pngLStinsa_1-1614289553166.png

• @usman.zia I have all of the formulas entered properly but I didn't get the answer right when you said to check on Sindy.  In my EMP02 these are the dimensions.

LStinsa_0-1614290464167.png