List of actions inside a process

Is it possible, through Anaplan Connect or using the APIs, to list all the actions added within a process.

e.g. Let's say I have process name 'Main_Process' and this process executes 3 actions :
i. ClearList
ii. LoadList_XL
iii. LoadModule_XM

Is there a way I can use API or Anaplan Connect to list all the actions (all 3 listed above). 

I am using the process api to list the process, but not able to figure out how to identify what all actions are being run within an process .

Answers

• @kauldheeraj 

In your scripts just use the command -Process instead of -imports. Anaplan Connect will sequentially run all the import actions that are within the process

• Hi @kauldheeraj 

First you have to run the process and receive the task ID of the process

Then try this request

curl -X GET /
    https://api.anaplan.com/2/0/workspaces/8a819488472c2c950147411f574a085b/models/B378C20804234C1BBFBAB0D7EF1CD1D3/processes/118000000007/tasks/5B882A63354A4B45A21C16F3644C9C1B \
    -H 'authorization: AnaplanAuthToken {anaplan_auth_token}' \
    -H "Content-Type:application/json"

Replace the task ID and process ID above

This will return a json, check the objectId under nestedresults of the json to view the tasks under the process. The objectId will be the taskIDs and not the names of the actions.

Example: i. ClearList may show up as 112000000001

Here is my process.json with 9 actions and the objectId exposed for 1 action

anirudh_1-1596173059803.png

Let me know if you need more help

(Source: From the apiary docs)

Regards,

Anirudh

• Thanks @anirudh and @Misbah 

I am trying to collect all the process information, without the need of having to run those processes, in order to get the metadata of all my processes. Is there a way to get those 3 actions within a process, without having to run the process itself. 

We can use the APIs to list all the processes, but not the actions within the processes, without running the process. 

• @kauldheeraj ,

I don't believe you are able to do that from the API...Now, within Anaplan with WSA (Workspace Admin), you can simply "edit" the process to see which actions are there.

Rob

• Thanks @rob_marshall  It will be really handy if we get to that level of detail or if Hyperscale dashboards provide (or already providing) that level of information with a drill-down to the actions. It will give a clean view and way of doing clean-ups on the models more frequently. 

Thanks all for responding.

• @kauldheeraj ,

Agreed...You can always enter that suggestion on Idea Exchange, I believe it would be a good one.  Also, from within Anaplan, you can see if the action is within a process.

2020-07-31_12-30-51.png

Hope this helps,

Rob

• For now, my workaround was to create an export of the view that @rob_marshall posted below, and work with it.