Dynamic reporting for weekly and monthly

Hi All,

I need a suggestion on below requirement.

I want to create a P&L report where by current month data should be shown at a weekly level for current month and show the month total and the remaining months in R12 will be planned at a monthly level

Can this be possible in a single grid(single module), to publish as a single report.

so, that when my current month is changed, it dynamically change my report view to current month as weekly and remaining as monthly.

Thanks & Regards,

Madhu

Tagged:

Answers

• Possible. This is more like a telescopic non-linear view.

You need to create a custom time scale which has elements created accordingly. Your custom time scale will look like this,

ArunManickam_0-1598329413933.png

Thanks

Arun

• Hi @MadhabikaM 

few questions :- 

1. Is it an output report or planning Grid (in rest 11 months will you Input or Just view) ?

2. Will your current month be from a List selector or Model Settings ?

3. Are you using a Native Time List or Dummy ?

Thanks,

Nakul

• Hi Nakul,
    Please find my response below:
    1. Is it an output report or planning Grid (in rest 11 months will you Input or Just view) ?
    Its a reporting grid, it will be just view in rest 11 months

2. Will your current month be from a List selector or Model Settings ?
    My current month would be from my Model setting, and my calendar type in setting is weekly 5-4-4(Just FYI)

3. Are you using a Native Time List or Dummy ?
    We are using anaplan native time List, but version used is customized we are not using native version provided.

Regards
    Madhu
  • Since you're using the native time series, I think you're after a time filter in the reporting view. Try the following and let me know if it works for you:

1. In the weekly time module, create a boolean Current Week? with PARENT(ITEM(Time)) = PARENT(PERIOD(CURRENTPERIODSTART())). This will show the weeks you've set in the Time settings.
    2. In the monthly time module, create a boolean > Current Month? with ITEM(TIME) > PERIOD(CurrentMonth). This will show true for all months following current period.
    3. Back in the weekly time module, create a boolean combining the two line items created above.
    4. Apply filter to the reporting module

Best,
    Jack

• @MadhabikaM ,

@jackcplanning is exactly on the right track, just beat me to the punch.  Here are some pictures, slightly different than what Jack did, but I think it will work for you.

Time Settings:

2020-08-25_07-57-09.png

Create a SYS Time - Month module and create a line item named Current Period from Time with a format of Boolean with the following formula:

2020-08-25_07-57-38.png

In your SYS Time - Week module, create the following line item with a boolean format

2020-08-25_07-57-56.png

Change the Summary to Formula

2020-08-25_07-58-10.png

For a result of

2020-08-25_08-01-52.png

Hope this helps,

Rob

• Thank you @jackcplanning, this work perfect on weekly dimension ed modules.

Thanks For your help 🙂

• Thank you Rob,

this work perfect on weekly dimension ed modules.
    Thanks for your help 🙂
    Madhu