Export excel number format align with Anaplan data format

We have lineitem set as number with 2 decimal places.

thumbnail_Outlook-oprza5kq.png

We set export file action with excel format template for user to easily upload back to the system. 

thumbnail_Outlook-as40aami.png

The excel output does not set data format by column but by cell which making us lost decimal number if we did not change format to number.

Cell that already has data entered:

thumbnail_Outlook-supoow5h.png

Cell without any data:

thumbnail_Outlook-c4pxkbql.png

Any cell with "Number" format, even we enter x.xx. It always show rounding number.

thumbnail_Outlook-qngugfvf.png

Once we save as CSV or Tab we lost number. We expected to save exact value not a rounding value. It would be good if Anaplan can set the excel output with the proper format since we already identify that in the lineitem.

9 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi @SuwareeA1 

I was able to replicate your issue - a workaround that has worked for me is to set the zero format as Hyphen.

Excel will recognize the value as a different format (#.###), allowing your end users to input 3 decimal places.

Let me know if this can work for you as well!

Best,
    Jack

• Hi @jackcplanning,

I tried your workaround but it doesn't work for me. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

• Try using the Excel Add-in, in the settings you can decide to keep Anaplan formatting.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!