Get Total Value on another Line Item

Hi,

Please help how can I get the total value of another line item to the other. Pls see attached screenshot where I tried to use lookup of the parent hierarchy to get the total value but it is not picking the correct value.

tompatrickting_0-1599621821017.png

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi @tompatrick.ting ,

In this case you can try to use [Select: UP A -P] function instead of Look up to get the total value.

Thanks,

Naushad

• Hi @naushad786 , I cannot use SELECT function as there will be other parent accounts i have in my hierarchy. 

• Hi Tom,

1. Create a line item called Parent and formatted by the parent list in the screenshot; ie. the list containing UP-AP
    2. Formula is PARENT(ITEM(<Child list name>))
    3. Formula for CALC3.0 Lease Out is:
    GLA[LOOKUP: Parent]

Regards,
    Anirudh
  • Hi @anirudh , this is the exact formula i currently use in my module. The line item only shows zero instead of the total amount. 

tompatrickting_0-1599625254809.png

tompatrickting_1-1599625289471.png

Regards,

Tom

• Hi @tompatrick.ting ,

I have created a similar scenario and it is working fine. please have  a look below screenshot.

naushad786_0-1599625578057.png

Thanks,

Naushad

• Hi @naushad786 , I tried to create a new module to check but still no luck. Please help check why its not calculating properly in my module.

tompatrickting_0-1599626070385.png

tompatrickting_1-1599626090529.png

Regards,

Tom

• Hi,
    Try creating a flat module where you can assign list formatted line items to feed your lookup functions.
    In this module do not include any dimensions, create a line item and format as the target list. Then select the relevant list item.
    Use this to feed you LOOKUP in the target line item.
  • You are not able to use PARENT as the summary item is not a child of the summary as they are part of the same list. You can only use PARENT where you have a composite hierarchy consisting of two separate lists.

• Thanks for this example it help me a lot with a similar issue!!