Start Period less Date Now?

Hi! How can I get the difference between two time periods that will result in an absolute number? For example, 10/21/2013 less (the current date) 04/26/2016 = 30? Thank you! 

Best Answers

• Hi Maria,

Perhaps the example below will be helpful. Anaplan does not have TODAY function yet like in Excel.

imageimage

Let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Leo
  • Hi Maria,

No worries. Perhaps this one would be nearer to your requirement. You can use ROUND and MOD as per the example below.

Let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Leo

Answers

• Hi Mr. Leo,

Thank you  so much for your example. But, is there any other possible way to get the difference, because i'll be needing to get the current age of a certain field? To further elaborate, for example, the planting date of that field is October 21, 2013, as of today, it is now 30 months old. Would you please help me on how can I get the cumulated number of months since the time it was planted? I highly appreciate your response. 

Thanks,
    Venice 
  • Hi Mr. Leo, 

Thank you so much. This will surely be useful. On a different note, may I ask the possible reasons why corresponding values do not appear in the module if the formula is linked into a list?

Many Thanks,
    Venice
  • Hi Maria,

I am not sure if I get your question. Are you referring to a property item in a list? The line item used to link it needs to be in the same format.
    Do let me know the scenario and I'll try to give suggestions for that.

Thanks,
    Leo