Selection of Version used in Module

Hi All, Does anyone knows how to select the current version being selected(not the one which is marked as current in VERSION) for the particular module , which is selected .

Best Answer

• Not sure I fully understand your question. You might want to give a more detailed example of what you're trying to achieve. But an idea could be to create a "Version selection" module, with no dimensions, and just one line item "Selected version", list formatted using Versions. Then in your formula you could reference this line item using [LOOKUP: Version selection.selected version]

Answers

• Jeremie, 

Not sure what you mean by creating a list formatted line item using Versions? When I format a line item, I don't seem to find an option (list format or any other format), which refers to the native 'Versions' of Anaplan. Can you please clarify? 

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
    Albrecht 
  • You're right Albrecht, my mistake. So in order to achieve the same, you can create a "Version Settings" module that applies to Versions only, with some boolean line items to tag the "current" (or whatever other kind of version), and then refer to this module in other modules using IF Version Settings.current THEN...
  • Thanks for the quick reply Jeremy. The problem is that my module does not contain the Versions list, but needs to retrieve data from a module with the Versions list (specifically it needs to retrieve budget data). I can't really work via your suggestion (Version settings module), as it does not allow me to write a LOOKUP or SELECT that will work, it only allows you to write a conditional formula, if you have the Versions list in your module (which I don't have).

Considering this issue and many others I've had because you can't define a line item as 'Version' format, I believe Anaplan should take this up and hopefully creates this functionality for one of their following releases. 

Thanks heaps for your efforts and thinking along. 

Kind regards,
    Albrecht 
  • I see better what you're trying to achieve. Wouldn't it work simply using a [SELECT: Versions.Budget] in your target module? Another option would be to use a custom version list. In that case you could use a list formlatted line item, the drawback being you won't be able to use switchover, or will have to manually replicate the feature in a specific module.
  • Jeremie, 

Thanks again for your reply. I feel really stupid right now. I know I tried this in the past, but must have made a mistake by typing 'Version.Budget' instead of 'VersionS.Budget'. Works like a charm now. Sorry for wasting your time :)

Kind regards,
    Albrecht